Peugeot Boxer Glow Plugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have issues with cold starting on my Boxer at the moment which is clearly a glow plug problem. The light in the cab indicating operation started to go intermittently, and now doesn't come on at all. When it worked the van started fine. My instincts tell me this is more likely to be a relay issue rather than the plugs themselves, but what does anyone think? Do all the plugs pack up at once, or would this be unusual? And would the light come on even if the plugs were faulty?

Sponsored Links
To test heater plugs:
Live wire with a fuse (30A) connected from the + terminal on the battery to each plug, hold it on for 1-2 seconds, if you see a spark its working. The van needs all plugs working to start first time. Place a screwdriver on the hard to get at plug terminals and tip the wire off the shaft of the screwdriver.

Do not use a lead without a fuse fitted.

If all plugs are working, head for the relay/bad connections

If you look back over old posts, this will answer your other questions. Hope this helps

Thanks Mursal, I've just been having a quick look and can't even see the plugs without taking bits off the top of the motor. However, I've located the relay and tapping it lightly with a screwdriver handle has coaxed a little action out of it, so I suspect my instincts were correct. It's just started raining here so I'll have a proper look later. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Back