Peugeot partner van

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been offered a van from someone I know
It's a Peugeot partner professional, 08,
70k mileage in good condition for 3k
My first reaction was 5 year old French van with a roof rack and tow bar, for 3k, not sure but I know the owner and he looks after his van and equipment well so I'm interested because of his background
Anyone care to offer an opinion
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Only an opinion naturally, but these are quite well built vehicles and shouldn't show any rust....the standard diesels are more reliable than the Hdi version.
Watch out for clutches that snatch and wear in the gear linkages, and there shouldn't be any oil leaks - but a small leak from the rocker cover is common. Oil consumption should be negligible too.
General service parts are cheap and plentiful. The main problems with French vehicles are electrical, and this one should have everything working, no warning lights on and a fully functional dashboard.
John :)

And he's going to give it to you for a trial, seeing he's a friend, so happy days.
Would there be a warranty or would that put to much of a strain on the friendship?

Sponsored Links
Maybe a 12 month MOT certificate could sweeten the deal.....chances are the exhaust will be crumbly about now (non hdi).
John :)

The early 8 valve Hdi's are bombproof John, as good if not better than the XUD's but I would certainly agree with you about the later ones, they went steadily downhill after about 04.

Peter

I was surprised to John.

Their main advantage over the XUD apart from considerably better fuel consumption is head gasket longevity, the XUDs tended to fail at around 150k, I have two, one in a C5 which has done 195k and another in a 406 at 215k, both as far as I know all original including clutch and DMF. I have had 60+ mpg from both of them but I do drive like an old man :confused:

The best XUD was the 2.1 in the XM, smooth, lots of low down torque and 50+ mpg and they didn't suffer from the cooling problems of the smaller XUDs.

Peter

Had a chat with my local garage owner today
He said Jump at it, he said font be too concerned about electrical problems (which I mentioned) and he said he would give it the once over, mentioned that turbos are not cheap for this vehicle

Had a chat with my local garage owner today
He said Jump at it, he said font be too concerned about electrical problems (which I mentioned) and he said he would give it the once over, mentioned that turbos are not cheap for this vehicle

I wouldnt worry about the turbo, if its had and cotinues to have regular oil changes it will be fine.

Sponsored Links
Back