peugeot replacement wishbone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, just getting my 206sw hdi ready for mot and noticed the wishbone arms are KNACKERD AGAIN!!! i replaced them this time last year with pattern parts, can anyone recomend a pattern arm that will last more than a year!! as peugeot want over £100 each, it seems every year the mot comes round so doese the wishbone arms :cry:

Sponsored Links
Whats knackered - the bottom swivel where it bolts into the hub, or the rubber bushes on the front and back pivots?
John :)

Whats knackered - the bottom swivel where it bolts into the hub, or the rubber bushes on the front and back pivots?

Both, the rubber on nearside and the ball joint on offside, I realise there are a lot of after market one's online but its just a matter of picking one that's been tried and tested??!

Hmmm curious.....I'm wondering where you are getting your replacement parts from, but somewhere like GSF or Eurocarparts and they should be fine.
Ball joints - they really only prematurely fail if the rubber boot is split when the things are reattached to the hub......has this been the case?
If the new wishbones come complete with new bushes, its usually best to have the car sitting on its own weight when the bolts are finally tightened, and if the bolts have any wear or damage visible they should be renewed at the same time.
Can't think of anything else!

Sponsored Links
Might I ask how many miles a year?

B roads or motorway?

1.9 or 1.6?

Back