Philips 14PV200/07 saying N. ACT

nee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya.....
trying to help a mate out with this!
He's trying to do an auto install as he's just moved house, but it keeps saying N. ACT. which i presume means not active or similar.
Any suggestions? He's not activated the child lock or anything.
Thanks in advance
Neil

Sponsored Links
Try pressing the fast forward & Rewind buttons at the same time to reset to default settings. Then try retuning.

I have the same problem on the same tv. I tried holding down the fast forward and rewind buttons but have had no luck. Is there a particular time when I should press it?

The light on the tv flashes when I hold down a button. When I hold down both the FF and RW buttons the light doesn;t flash, if that helps.

Thanks,

Sam

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Should be, but isn't. It doesn't mention anything about inactive menu options apart from those relating to VHS cassettes when no tape is in the VCR.

Thanks for your time,

Sam

Yeah I did that but to no avail.

It actually started working this morning without me doing anything to it after around a week of it not working (a week since I noticed it wasn't working, but probably longer).

I tell you, this TV is a joke. I've had it for years now and have got used to its quirks but they still annoy me.

Sometimes the video controls don't work on the remote, while tv functions on the remote do (video still works when I try pressing the buttons on the tv) which means I can't set the timer. Also, when I turn it off completely (to conserve electricity) it resets the clock. Sometimes it will inform me that the clock is incorrect, while other times it will bring up a menu and force me to set the clock before I can remove the menu (a pain when I lose the remote, which is often!).

Anyway, thanks for your help. Maybe the FF/RW button trick did work, but took its time to become effective!!

Sam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back