Philips CCTV system help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anybody could help me wih either a manual, a cable or suggestions for wiring. I have a TL960a/00T time lapse recorder and a VSS8394/00T monitor but when it was removed from its last location the lead between the two bits disappeared.

the cable has a connector on one end the same as a mouse connector on a computer and fairly standard video connectors on the other end.

can anybody suggest how it should be wired or let me know where I can get such a cable? it is a tragic waste of a system otherwise.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The mouse type connector if it has 4 pins will be a standard S-VIDEO connector. If not is's a 'mini din' , and the standard video connectors are called RCA connectors. You should be able to find a lead if you google for those words.

EDIT Just googled myself and it appears a seven pin mini din is also known as a 7 pin s-video.

Thanks,the pin layout is different to the s video, I have tried a mouse lead and it fits, I think the s video connector is bigger than the mouse connector, I have attached a picture, it is the connector marked VCR.

Thanks for trying.

Nige'

Yep, that is the same as a PS2 mouse socket. Sorry I can't be more help.

As the socket is an input to the monitor then it would be an educated case of trial and error working out which pin is which. It's certainly a non standard cable though. I'd suggest trying the manufacturer.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I have that manual, it does not give the pin out of the connector, as it happens I have just cut the lead off of a dell mouse, stuck it into the back of the system and then checked each wire (using the telly and the video in connectors on the front panel).

I cant get any sound out of it, but thats fine as I only want to record video. I used the shield and the white wire on this mouse lead.

thanks for your time guys and I hope this helps somebody else in the future.

Nige'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back