Samsung SDS-P4042 4 Camera 720TVL CCTV Kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have ordered the following kit from amazon. I saw it at maplins it felt good and solid. I liked the minimum design of the DVR.

This is my first system.

Samsung SDS-P4042/EU 500GB DVR

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-SDS...8&qid=1413130000&sr=1-6&keywords=Samsung+cctv

Reading from amazons description, it contains the following in the box.

DVR (SDR-4102)
Camera (SDC-7340BC) 4pcs
Remote Control / Battery / Mouse
Adapter / Power Cord
60ft BNC Camera Cable 4pcs
CD (Smart Viewer, User Manual)
Quick Guide / Network Cable
HDMI Cable

Here is a link to this kit on samsungs website

http://www.samsung.com/us/security-and-monitoring/security-systems/SDS-P4042

-------------------------------------

OKAY, my question is that I don't want to be drilling huge holes through my walls. I would like to know if its possible to wire the system up with a Cat5 cable?

If it is possible, what type cat5 wire would I need and what connectors would I require, tools, etc.

I want to drill a hole just big enough for the Cat5 cable, so I will be cutting the connector off.

Please advise.

Thank you.

:mrgreen:

PS. If a professional CCTV fitter can recommend a better system, please feel free to recommend one. I would like a HD system, but they are too expensive for me.

Sponsored Links
Don't see why you need to use CAT5 just for smaller holes.

If you want to use holes too small for the supplied cables, why not cut their connectors off, feed the wires through your holes and then fit new connectors? The supplied cable is no thicker than CAT5 and it will be a lot cheaper than buying CAT5 + modems.

Sponsored Links
Don't see why you need to use CAT5 just for smaller holes.

If you want to use holes too small for the supplied cables, why not cut their connectors off, feed the wires through your holes and then fit new connectors? The supplied cable is no thicker than CAT5 and it will be a lot cheaper than buying CAT5 + modems.

Thank you for your reply.

I did actually think of doing that and it might be a better solution.

A guy down the road from me has got a HD camera system installed and showed me the difference between a 720 tvl and a hd camera and the image night and day is much clearer on the hd camera (of course).

which has got me thinking....again.... :unsure:

I also noticed that it doesn't record in 720tvl mode on all four cameras. Only one camera has full resolution? is this right?

I can't speak for that one, but have a look at the Hikvision DS-7204HWI.

I have the 8-camera version of this which records on all cameras at 720p or 1080p. It also has excellent software. Google for the price - it varies tremendously between suppliers.

No..... Only a hd-sdi Dvr with hd-sdi cameras or a NVR with IP cameras will record at 720/1080

Swann no no no ..... Hikvision cheap end but pretty good quality app works fine and has free DNS ... Samsung also good app not sure what they do in the hd-sdi range , there are some new dvrs out that you can mix standard and hd-sdi cameras on , the dynamic cctv mx unit is an example.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back