Philmac transition joiner is leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
C8871617-0997-47E3-8984-F7AEA9CED9F0.jpeg
We had a plumber come round to fix a leaky lead pipe.
Long story short: we had the lead content tested and we don’t need to replace it all under the house.

But there was a section that came out of the ground before joining on to the internal copper pipes.

The bit of exposed lead had a leak in it so the plumber cut the pipe and used a big black transition joiner (not a plumber so I just got the name from google)

but it looks like there’s water coming out of the transition joiner.

The plumber isn’t answering his phone so I’m assuming he doesn’t want to deal with it as we’ve already paid him

Does it just need to be tightened? Or is there any sealant I can put on it?

Video here: https://youtube.com/shorts/SzO4VgoHmpY?feature=share

KdwYhVW.jpg

KdwYhVW.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Amazing thanks very much,

It doesn’t turn so it must already be quite tight, and it’s absolutely huge lol so I might need to find a big set of pliers to be able to grip it.

Did it leak shortly after he’s fitted it? If so it could be a bit of grit on an o-ring. I don’t think push fit is suitable for underground use? Also that speedfit pipe needs to be protected.

Last edited:
@CBW
Sorry, no idea about all the jargon, is the speed fit pipe the white one? And what do you mean by protected?

and it technically won’t be underground, it’ll be under the floorboards but not in any dirt? Does that help?

@CBW
Sorry, no idea about all the jargon, is the speed fit pipe the white one? And what do you mean by protected?

and it technically won’t be underground, it’ll be under the floorboards but not in any dirt? Does that help?
  • Yes speedfit is the white one. Used with a combination of speedfit fittings and Hepworth. The protection is usually in the form of a purpose made duct.
  • Protected from damaged, be it mechanical or corrosive
  • There’s dirt currently surrounding it, not floorboards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back