Philmac transitional couplers

Sponsored Links
Lead pipe is a potential problem.

There are three common sizes, you could say small, medium and large !

But then there are some less common sizes as well which you might encounter.

Worse still, its roughly specified as the weight per foot length !

I once had to sort out a problem for this fellow which was mostly of his own making!

He had a leaking joint between the lead incoming and his copper pipe. Contractors were doing some Thames Water work in his street so he called them. He gave them £50 and they fitted this "big thing" and it solved the problem!

Well for a few days until they had moved on. Then it started leaking about 4 li/minute.

I took it all apart and could not work out exactly what they had done wrong but to be sure I replaced it with a lead loc !

Tony

Perhaps it was a "Straight" Phil Mac not a "Tranny" Phil Mac :eek:

ok so are you saying I won't no what diameter the lead is until I cut it can't I measure the outside diameter without cutting it?

Sponsored Links
Anyone here not used the Talbot grippa range of fittings? they seem perfect for this use.

Edit: probably not ideal in this instance though :LOL:

If I measure the outside diameter off the lead pipe. Would a plumbers merchant be able to supply me a fitting for connecting to the lead off this measurement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back