Phobias and Fears

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We all have phobias and fears and I admit that I did not think I had any until about 10 Years ago when my family and I had a holiday in Cyprus.

We stayed, that is my wife, son, daughter’s boyfriend and I in a small house near Paphos. It had a patio with a swimming pool. We all settled into a nice holiday with beautiful weather and hospitality.

At about 5 days into the holiday it was very hot and muggy and during the night I had difficulty sleeping. I got up , went downstairs and put on the patio night lights. I then open the doors and took a seat hoping to enjoy the fresh air that was gently blowing. I had only been on my seat for a short moment when I saw a movement to the left of me. I looked and what I saw shocked me for the rest of my life. It was
a large spider, I mean gigantic spider, bigger than the span of my hand.
It had long hairy legs and yellow eyes and was making towards a small
lizard.

Suddenly the spider stopped, turned and looked directly
at me. It was no more than 5 foot from me. My whole body froze
in fear and I was unable to move my legs. This lasted no more than about
5 seconds but it felt like a lifetime. Very slowly, still keeping an eye on the spider I managed to move until I was able to run and made my way
to the front of the house banging on the door to get in. In my mind the spider was after me, although now thinking back the spider was as frightened of me as I of it.

I woke up the whole house and told them my story. They told
me I was hallucinating and had too much to drink.

The patio doors were closed and all returned to bed.

I was unable to sleep thinking that spiders were able to climb walls and it would get into the room through a open window or did the spider get into the house through the open patio doors. Needless to say I did not sleep
very much.

Next day I happened to speak to the neighbours who resided permanently on the island and told them my story. The wife told me that what I had seen was rare and that if I saw it again to phone them immediately and they would catch it with a net.

During the rest of my holiday I did not sit out on the patio at any time or did I again see the spider.

Does anyone else have any incidents involving their phobia’s or fears.?

Sponsored Links
Great White Shark. :eek: I'm a diver and I love to see sharks - up close. I like to take 'photos of them. Best one I ever saw was a ten foot Hammerhead - most graceful thing I've ever seen. But I have no desire to come face to face with a Great White even though I know they are not the species most likely to attack a human. Gives me the willies just thinking about it :!:

Sponsored Links
Back