Phone line in to new build

G

gcltd

Hi, we have a new build but no line was fitted during build. I would assume a brand new connection would be costly plus some trenching needed up to property as we have no telegraph poles?

We own the house next door that has a bt line though? Is this an advantage?

Any advise or experience of this appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
How is the line next door connected?

BT should be able to advise on the actual costs involved.

Standard installation cost last time we had it done a few years ago was £175 even though the cable was already installed on a brand new build.

You get charged the full cost the first time the line is activated.

Hi, well they say its free but I can't see how as they would have to dig out a trench to run the line in? I'll query it with them, I just worry they don't understand it has no line at all and this would mean a high cost of installation.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
They'll check the post code on the computer and if no DPs (poles or underground points) match it they'll send a survey officer and offer you a price. Expect a couple of grand.

If you are prepared to lay some cable / duct yourself on your property you can reduce the cost substantially.

If they say it's free i'd just place the order. Best case they install it for free, worst case they come back and say there was a mistake and you will have to pay to get the line installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back