Photo editing programme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just changed computers, now have Windows 10

Our HP photosmart 2575 all in one printer is no longer supported ( toooo old)

Have stock of cartridges so con't get rid of it yet.

So need a Photo editing programme, don't mind if we have to buy one.

any suggestions

Sponsored Links
Thanks, pls don't take offence,

But wondering if anybody has more up to date info

No offence taken, but that thread was a day or two ago. What's not "up to date"?

Sponsored Links
OK - for a more up to date reply - try Gimp.
I have found it to be as good as Photoshop for what I have wanted to do.

OK - for a more up to date reply - try Gimp.
I have found it to be as good as Photoshop for what I have wanted to do.
That's what I suggested in the thread I linked to above. :)
Can't see why it's out of date. . .

Or have I just missed the point as usual! o_O

I, too, fail to see how it could be out of date! :eek:
And, as far as I know, Gimp has recently been updated and continues to be regularly updated.
As I said on the other thread, perhaps a steep learning curve, but not insurmountable!

TBH the OP post does not make sense.

You have win10 - our printer is not supported so you appear to want to use up lots of cartridges and need a photo editing program (presumably to print lots of photos).
How you gonna do that if your printer does not work under win 10 (the up to date OS) ???

TBH the OP post does not make sense.

You have win10 - our printer is not supported so you appear to want to use up lots of cartridges and need a photo editing program (presumably to print lots of photos).
How you gonna do that if your printer does not work under win 10 (the up to date OS) ???
I thought that too, but they asked about photo editing so I assumed that there had been a photo editor bundled with the printer or something.
To the OP there appears to be a fix for the driver here if you haven't already seen it. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printe...HP-Photosmart-2575-on-Windows-10/td-p/5366793

Just changed computers, now have Windows 10

Our HP photosmart 2575 all in one printer is no longer supported ( toooo old)

Have stock of cartridges so con't get rid of it yet.

So need a Photo editing programme, don't mind if we have to buy one.

any suggestions
Is it me or am I the only one to notice that a photo editing program is unlikely to make the old printer work with Win10 ? ;););)

So it was one "bundled"
Use the Gimp as first suggested. It'll do everything you need.

Just get another machine and install an earlier version of windows on it, then use it for your photo printing.
I had the same problem with a very expensive scanner and as there was no way round it I resorted to another PC.

Sponsored Links
Back