Photocard Driving Licences

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a letter in from the DVLA telling me that the photo on my driving licence is now 10 years old and, since faces change, I've got to send a new photo along with my licence. I've not changed that much in the last 10 years!

Oh, yeah, and give them £20 for the priviledge!

Bloody cheek!

Sponsored Links
Another stealth charge.
I wonder if they will apply the same rule to Muslim woman who wear the Burkah?

I did wonder about the Muslim women. The notes for the photo say that you've to take your glasses off if you wear specs and you've not to wear any head covering unless you have to for medical or religious reasons.

I have always wondered how they manage for passports and driving licences..................

I'm still peed off at being charged though - I'm perfectly happy with my 10 year old photo on my driving licence so why should we have to pay cos they decide that we've changed beyond all recognition!

Sponsored Links
just send em one of you in a burka, and tell them you became a muslim..
they can't disprove it..

'tis a very sneaky stealth tax - was told about this one about 2 months ago by fireman golfing friend.

Gordon Brown? - Get me a rope :evil:

Why do they insist on renewing photo driving licenses every 10 years when theres old farts driving around with the old green paper licenses? Shouldn't they also be forced to renew? :confused:

Why do they insist on renewing photo driving licenses every 10 years when theres old farts driving around with the old green paper licenses? Shouldn't they also be forced to renew? :confused:

It's cos when we took our tests they were proper tests, not those puffy tests you get to sit nowadays. :rolleyes:

It's cos when we took our tests they were proper tests, not those puffy tests you get to sit nowadays. :rolleyes:
Exactly right, imagine the wusses of today, trying to do a hill start, while using hand signals to move off, very few automatic gearboxes in those days.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Back