Photocard Driving Licences

Sponsored Links
For anyone who's forgotten the point of photocard licenses, it was to make the driver's license harder to steal, duplicate, fabricate, and mis-use.

There is a cost associated with those fraudulent activities - a cost that we all end up paying for. If that cost is more than the sum of all drivers spending £20 every 10 years, then having photocards is worthwhile.

Simple econonomics - it's hardly rocket science.

when theres old farts driving around with the old green paper licenses? Shouldn't they also be forced to renew?

We 'old farts' still have our green paper ones because we are careful considerate drivers who have never had to send them back to get points added to them! :p

You get a photocard foisted on you when you change address. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
when theres old farts driving around with the old green paper licenses? Shouldn't they also be forced to renew?

We 'old farts' still have our green paper ones because we are careful considerate drivers who have never had to send them back to get points added to them! :p
Absolutely Conny :LOL: I have three entries in 32 years SP30 x 3, the most recent being 6 years ago :cry:

Wotan

You get a photocard foisted on you when you change address. :rolleyes:

That's exactly how I got landed with one! Moved house.

Well, I done the deed, got photos done (4 bloomin quid and a degree in engineering required to work these machines now), filled out the form, attached the photo, got the cheque written out - and discovered that although they give you an envelope - you've gotta put a flippin stamp on it too!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I know that 20 quid every ten years isn't a huge amount - it's the principle of it - making us pay for their bloomin rules.

It's on par with our local council - they are now charging £20 for issuing the disabled blue badges!

I know that 20 quid every ten years isn't a huge amount - it's the principle of it - making us pay for their bloomin rules.
The thing is, Alison, you're falling into the trap of thinking that "they" (DVLA and the council) are each an entity that somehow has its own independant funding. Well, they don't. They are government agencies that collect money from individuals and spend it on things that benefit the nation or the community as a whole.

It's on par with our local council - they are now charging £20 for issuing the disabled blue badges!
And why wouldn't they charge for something that costs money to produce? :confused:

They are government agencies that collect money from individuals and spend it on things that benefit the nation or the community as a whole.

Like giving it all away to the gypos?? :evil:

If you want to pretend that £2,000 is the entirity of the public purse controlled by the Warwickshire Police force, then yes.

However, back in the real world, the police believe that this cost is less than the alternative cost of crime and disruption. Perhaps they've miscalculated, but at least they're making an effort.

A man who never made a mistake never made anything.
- David Gemmell

cry me a river, 20 quid every 10 years oh the agony.....

Getting incredibly common these days: someone with more money than sense!

Your a moron if you think its anything to do with having more money than sense. congratulations at complaining about paying less than a penny a day for your photo id card.

Very common these days: people bitching about anything

cry me a river, 20 quid every 10 years oh the agony.....

Getting incredibly common these days: someone with more money than sense!

Your a moron if you think its anything to do with having more money than sense. congratulations at complaining about paying less than a penny a day for your photo id card.

Very common these days: people **** about anything

Actually, it's You're a moron.

Also, when you start a new sentence, in this case 'congratulations', you need a capital C.

I have a green licence, so its only dyslexic mugs like you who are happy to pay 20 notes for a new piece of plastic! ;)

I was of a similar mind regarding the original green licence and I'd heard various stories of people losing the motorcycle part of their entitlement.

however despite having moved many times and not buckled, I lost it :(

now its so easy to get a copy with photocard, and they simplely use the photo fromm your passport when you do it on line :)

online, on the doorstep in two days...

burka_license.jpg

MuslimLicence.jpg

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back