Photos Vaillant Installation your views

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any comments on this installation would be appreciated...

"You're going to have problems when the boiler needs a service, as the condensate pipe is blocking the condensate trap that will need removing for cleaning..."
by gas4you

How serious is this!? Do i need to call them back to have it sorted?!

Not sure on the position of the VRC400 by the front door...

Had to go ahead without the VRC430 - installed the VRC400 instead...

- The radiators still very warm outside the programed times:
Monday-Friday
H1 (22C) 5:30 - 6:30
H2 (20C) 17:30 - 18:00
H3 (20C) 18:30 - 21:00

SAT - SUN
H1 (22C) 5:30 - 6:30
H2 (20C) 17:30 - 21:00

- I'm still unsure about the "Heating curve" setting
(and many other settings...)

- Not sure about the "Holiday Mode" does it come back ON 24h from
the time set or at mid night of the following day (if set for one day (1)

Where the outside sensor went (on the left)!
Also the 22 gas pipe on the right... can this be left just like that exposed

Sponsored Links
I would say it is the person who services the boiler should remove the condensate drain pipe if he has to.

It it would be interesting to see what installers on here would do if they came across something like that.

I don't think you'll be able to get the top of that Magnaclean when it needs servicing/cleaning out.

kittedup

iv seen a lot worse. but love the positioning of the manual bleed valve to spray all over the electrics.

Sponsored Links
it is allowable for the copper gas pipe to be open to atmosphere as long as it is not near a corrosive area, near the seaside etc.
Boiler also far too close too combustible materials, if no signs of scorching to cupboards or boiler this is usually regarded as not to current standards.
Job just looks very shoddy but probably cannot be made at risk or id at this stage.

Apart from a couple of things like said that looks a pretty tidy install to me, nothing wrong with the clearance to the cupboard either.

apart from the condensate pipe which needs to be altered to alllow servicng there also needs to be insulation put on the pipework to the cylinder (hot 1m and primaries minimum).

Seen worse & seen better, no issue with proximity to combustible materials (5mm IIRC), condensate pipe would probably pull out of the boiler & then moved across out of the way if needed. As said previously just the Magnaclean would be an issue.
Just what are you not happy with on this installation?

methaneman75 were does living near the sea come into it. id have to condem half the county i live in, otherwise :confused:

Where's the outside sensor now?

That pic shows it in the wrong position.

I hope you can pull the overflow pipe off the condensate outlet and it hasn't been glued on ;)

Couldn't the magnaclean be fitted to the boiler return? At the moment it is only on the cylinder return.

That 15mm upstand off the cylinder is asking to get damaged...better if it were 22mm. The air vents are prone to blocking...better to use a 1/2 BSP rad type into a 1/2 coupling.

Keep an eye on all those street elbows fitted to the compression joints....they have a tendancy to leak a little.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back