Physics Homework - Help required

Sponsored Links
It means "per" as in 340 metres per second (as in speed or velocity)

Conny is just avoiding the issue for some reason ;)

ME??? Avoiding the issue???
NEVER!
Just taking the scenic route, it may be longer but the view is better and it gave me time to postulate that the answer to the relevant question as posed by our good friend and 'mature' student, who whilst being a 'more mature' student is certainly not only a 'more mature' student but in fact appears to be a rather 'worldly' student. However, his question is too simplistic in its present form as it does not take into effect climactic variables such as wind speed or direction, humidity levels, was the ships captain inside the wheel house at the time and if so does the wheelhouse have secondary double glazing installed to a high standard and in a manner compliant with the FENSA Code of Practice, was he listening to the weather forcast for shipping or bopping away to Dave Lee Travis's 'Golden Oldies Hour' with the volume turned up high?
Therefore it is impossible to give a 'absolute' correct answer, however, for the purpose of this excercise, and now that I have procastinated long enough for my 4 year old grandson to calculate the answer given the information we have been given, he says it is 4 seconds.
:LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Ah! The chain = 22 yards = a cricket pitch. 10 chains = 1 furlong and 8 furlongs = 1 mile.

climactic variables such as wind speed or direction, humidity levels, :LOL: :LOL:

Bottom of the class boy! Wind speed, wind direction and humidity are weather elements, not climatic variables. :rolleyes:

Help required with Physics topic? OK...

....No, it won't take off!!!

It's a pity than Lincsbodger isn't on here to add a much deeper insight into the proceedings!

climactic variables such as wind speed or direction, humidity levels, :LOL: :LOL:

Bottom of the class boy! Wind speed, wind direction and humidity are weather elements, not climatic variables. :rolleyes:

Oooh! Get You then! :eek:

Ok, does variations in weather conditions sound better?
In other words, if the wind was blowing towards the lighthouse it would take longer to reach the boat. :p

(Anyway, what did your son say?)

Ok, does variations in weather conditions sound better?
In other words, if the wind was blowing towards the lighthouse it would take longer to reach the boat. :p

(Anyway, what did your son say?)

Yes I agree, would fog, mist, rain, not affect it? Light is defracted by these conditions? No?

And how about in a vacuum? The speed of sound cannot be measured in a vaccum, as sound resonates air, no air in a vacuum = no sound?

conny";p="1652907 said:

Ok, does variations in weather conditions sound better? No. Prevailing weather conditions would do nicely.

(Anyway, what did your son say?) Will tell you later am off to school now.[/quote]

Later: "Dad, that's just too easy to tell you the answer"! And he wont. :oops: :oops:

My kids used to come home from school, telling me " The teacher says, you got my homework wrong again dad !!!"
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back