pickled eggs

Sponsored Links
we tried to rehome two swans from a local animal refuge.we needed license etc and couldnt have them as we couldnt confine them. (we have halfa mile of river and a field etc but because we couldnt confine these 'wild animals' we couldnt have them???

Did you know a single pickled egg has just been sold on ebay for £40 it was bought by a welsh pub landlady who wanted it as she thought it looked lonely???? when it came to eating it she couldnt so she re-sold it for £16 on ebay to a rival Landlady all the monies payed for the egg where donated to charity.

to think if a pickled egg can raise £56 quid for charity think what a pickled bowling ball would fetch!

Sponsored Links
Yeah, if you get someone knocking on your door tonight, don't open it. It could be the swan.....

ban-all-sheds said:
Or pickled garlic.

I once ate a whole bulb of pickled garlic....

Since then, he's lost all his friends, his wife left him and even the dog recoils when Ban says "Walkies!"

notb665 said:
Who knows how to tell if an egg is boiled or not?

Ahh, I remember this one - you spin it - a boiled egg will spin evenly, un-boiled will wobble about - because of the displacement of the uncooked insides :cool:

securespark said:
Since then, he's lost all his friends, his wife left him and even the dog recoils when Ban says "Walkies!"
Well - it was some years ago now, and it's worn off.

But at the time, that coupled with the 5 or 6 pints of beer I also consumed to wash down half the EU cheese mountain (anybody who knows the Royal Oak in Didsbury will know what I mean) meant that nobody came and sat next to me on the train home.... :confused:

Gary_M said:
notb665 said:

Ahh, I remember this one - you spin it - a boiled egg will spin evenly, un-boiled will wobble about - because of the displacement of the uncooked insides :cool:
That's one of the ways....

Gary_M said:
notb665 said:

Spin the egg, put your finger on it to stop it, remove your finger. If it re-starts spinning it is not boiled as the contents are fluid and have continued to move independently of the shell.

Richardp said:
whats white and glides across the floor?

I think I'll probably regret it... but......I don't know, what is white and glides across the floor?

Sponsored Links
Back