Pics of the day perhaps?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Discovered this today on a machine which was installed last year by external contractors.

IMAG0090.jpg

Spot the obvious issue with this switch disconnector:

IMAG0086.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Nope!

The smaller cables are on the incoming side!

As found - the outgoing cables removed from the isolator but incomers not dead. Only insulation tape used to 'prevent' somebody connecting back up.

One of my pet hates - a messy panel with trunking lid covers off !! :evil:

Did the contractors just wire the supply or connect all the peripherals to make that abortion ?

Regarding the mainswitch, where has the top plastic safety cover gone ?

At least they could have applied heatshrink !

That is one mess of wiring.

So much for "contractors".......

I wouldn't mind a few of those Erico distribution blocks.

They are clearly not in use - fancy liberating a couple and sticking them in the post?

The erico distribution blocks are handy really, but on this machine they are being wasted. Id love to send them B-A-S but they might wonder where they have gone and we dont have any spares of these knocking around.

Hopefully this panel will be tidied up this weekend by my 2 best electrical people!

Had to rescue this a while back.
Took 4 days to trace it all back to the correct doors, rewire and replace 3 relays and 4 PSU`s.

Sorry never took a final pic DOH, this was "installed" by the "leading London Company" in the area !!!

I wish digital cameras/phones were around at the time I was working on one of our old injection moulding machines. A double sided cabinet seven feet high, five feet wide full with about five hundred relays and contactors doing the machine control. That was fun to fault find on, but at least the cores were numbered and the wiring diagrams were pretty good.
German machines tended to be the worst, no wire numbers at all !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back