How about this for lights in 1 room

Let me clarify Lectrician
Can't really put it any clearer than that.

Bit cheeky aint it?

I was angling to the point of asking HOW all the circuits where RCD Protected....

One RCD? Odd if you still have a main switch, and non compliant.

I wanted you to tell me how they where RCD protected.....I was kind of hoping you would be saying they are all RCBO's, or there where two RCD's etc etc.

So, HOW is it setup, we now know it is a single RCD after the DP iso by the sounds of it? So has some twit put all the circuits on the RCD side of a split load board, or have you not removed the CU cover to see where the split starts/stop?

Sponsored Links
:D The written word never conveys the expression does it.

Lec, I have removed the cu cover to look at the whole set up.

Indeed you are correct split load with EVERYTHING after the RCD!!! / protected by the RCD.

They have now also found the 'paperwork' from the previous sparks, it was actually installed in 1997!!

I have explained in detail what the situation is re: all circuits protected by 1 RCD, explained the options of new CU or RCBO's

Naturally the question has been How Much? which was rapidly followed by HOW MUCH!!!

THey are 'happy' to keep their present CU and have their lights!!!

Yeah but as mentioned above that contravenes 7671. Why not just stick a couple of lighting circuits on RCBO's and hey presto, lights stay on when main rcd trips.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back