Picture of the week!™

Sponsored Links
Nice job
I presume that the Blue phase of the incommer isolator has failed somehow?
Frank.

Nice....

From a time when stuff was manufactured in the UK, those were made in Preston AFAIK.. some serious weight to them as well must have been made out of recycled battleships, if you had a hinged cover over the MCBS you had quite a bit of weight that had a tendancy to shift as you took it off and you had to be careful that you didn't drop it and short the lot out :evil:

Neutral bar a pain to get to as well

Quite often they were installed without an isolator as well... I remember seeing three of them once with no isolators in a factory mains room directly off the busbar (fused at 300A)

I'd rather a loadmaster board than a federal stab-lok though!

Sponsored Links
Hope you kept the breakers... some of them can go for a bit on ebay ;)

The loadmaster was the first MCB I worked with. Seem to remember 70A was the max but also there was a 100A isolator of same design.

I remember trying to convince my charge hand that the unit with a red link bar with 100 written on it would not trip at 100A but 1984 MCB's were rather new and few knew what they were.

For the first time people were tested so see if they could read. The 16th edition exam was not limited to city & guilds many colleges set their own exams. This was a problem later when people tried to upgrade as the collage exams were not recognised.

Today say one has a 2382 and everyone knows you can read but back in 1984 having a 2381 made employers think you were something special.

Surely it just needs a bit of green & yellow tape wrapping around the chocolate block doesn't it ??? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back