Picture Of The Week

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lamenting the passing of RF's excellent regular feature, I thought I'd post a piccy of something I found recently.

Burnt-outJunctionBox.jpg

Sponsored Links
see, nobody likes you.. :)
no-one posted a comment on your picture within minutes of it going up like the do with RF... :cry:

oh damn, now I've replied to it... ;)

That's because his pictures are so small.

What do you take them with? A box brownie or something! :LOL:

what picture? is it really that small you cant see it? :eek:

Sponsored Links
you know we're only playing don't you SS?

with BAS gone AWOL, we can't afford to lose many more of the "OLD ONES"....

Course I do!! My lack of posting was not because I had the hump..!

This was a call-out to a flat above an Indian restaurant. Complaint: sockets not working.

We traced it to this mess. The rubber cable you see is a spur from a socket below in the kitchen. It was found in that position, live and free of the JB.

It has no cpc, hence the cpcs of the 1mm² flexes going off to the individual sockets were not connected either.

There were four flexes attached and they were well-overloaded. 3 of the sockets were running a 3kW heater each, plus other loads besides. i'm surprised the B32 didn't pop, considering the circuit also ran most of the kitchen's appliances.

But you can see signs of burning where the 1mm² (or more likely, a loose connection) was complaining about the load. I did not manage to take a piccy of one of the sockets, but it was well crispy...

BAS BANNED?

Oh no...... now what am I going to do for quotations from the red book?
Damn I'll have to buy my own now :(

Anyone know if its a temp or permanent ban?
Personally I think he had a point!

Don't know, I can't see him rushing back after a ban, even if it isn't permanent.

I fail to see his point about swearing. I think it would lower the tone of the forum if it was littered with swear words.

As for saying a word just because it had a few *s in it was no longer a swear word was a load of rubbish, most people know exactly what the intended word was and was abuse aimed at a moderator.
So if you want banned, you just have to call a moderator a nasty word!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back