piccie of the week (where is it)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
RF, if you dont mind me asking where is this week's piccie of the week. shoudnt it be on at 10pm every monday?
or have you run out of pics. (that would be a shame)

Sponsored Links
my mistake
thought it was monday
soz :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
EDIT: where was it then a few days ago
never appered

Sorry, I've just been mega busy and working away and stuff.

I hoped no one would notice :LOL:

All being well normal service will be resumed next saturday.

Sponsored Links
he's been on holiday with the leprechauns

If you are having withdrawl symptons...........

Ten points to those who can name this piece of kit.........

6yktb0y.jpg

And below is how are DNO are labeling meter tails post harmonised colours - Far better than other DNO's I see. Just found this piccy on my old phone that I am about to put on ebay!

6xjsxw8.jpg

it is a vacuum formed plastic case with cold-pour resin for cable jointing

It is/was a BICC product.

yup we label with similar tape.

Don't like it tho as the tape isn't that sticky (maybe just the supplier our company use's) and I would also prefer to use different coloured tape.

In a few years when I go back and the writing has faded i'll just have a load of tails with yellow(or white as we use) tape on. :confused:

As for first pic I dono.

Guess it's some kind of joint as Johno suggest's.

P.S Hope you sampled the goods of the irish RF, nothing like a cold guiness
:D

It's a 16mm concentric service drop. Basically a wall mounted resin join, often seen up near facia boards etc where they have had to replace overhead supplies or during service moves etc.

Called a burr-pack from memory.

As for the tape - It is almost like fabric. I think it will last longer than coloured tape would.

I did a job in the west midlands and the service head had a mix or colours and a mix or ident methods. Tape and cable ties. Looked a mess.

Round here our service drops serve 5 houses at a time all one phase, its a mix of twin cable (brown, for long clipped runs), concentric (for suspended cable), and single DI cores clipped with double clips (look like doorbell buttons - Singles were used where a branch was required to feed a house, and to go round corners). No earths - all houses are TNCS, they renewed all services at once about 12 years ago.

All the joints were done in heat shrink plastic cases and clip-on boxes on the singles. They still use this method now, where they move a service cable - a lot of houses have been extended, nessecitating cable moves.

whys it been fixed to the wall with cable clips? bit crap!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back