Re: Picture of the week!™

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well folks, it's that time of the week again!

It's goodbye from him and hello from me!

Yes, for the next two weeks only, I have been asked to take over this slot.

It will be tricky filling the Maestro's shoes, but I'll try my best. ;)

So here goes...

Well folks, it's that time of the week again!

This week I am chancing my arm & posting 2 pairs of photos here.

Apologies for the poor quality: I only had a 1MP cam with me.

The first are pictures of dodgy-looking fuse carriers I removed from a Wylex Standard board.

Abused30A1361.jpg

Abused5A1361.jpg

The second pair were taken today at a fairground.

DodgyFairgroundI.jpg

DodgyFairgroundII.jpg

Sponsored Links
Don't you just love fairground electrics :LOL:
(that isn't my handywork by the way - I have helped a mate out before that is associated with the local fair). Definately an eye opener!

The 30A cartridge fuse had fusewire wrapped round it nearly three times, while the 5A fuseholder had a BS1362 13A fuse in it. These are longer than 1361's and you can see from the picture that the blades are pushed out of their intended position. In fact, it would not fit the fuse shield, so it had been broken so the fuse carrier would fit...

What you can't see from the piccy (unfortunately) is that there was a 15A fusewire bridging the blown 13A fuse which had also vapourised. There was only one lighting circuit in the property and every room had had extensive lighting additions: multi-lamp fittings or many recessed spots where only a rose had existed. Also, 500W floodlights outside...

Of the fairground piccys, the first was an exposed choc block joint on a ride, completely accessible to the public. In fact, the block was resting on the chassis of the trailer to which the ride was attached and I got a worker to move it away.

The second is of a 4 way extension socket on a "hook a duck" stall where the flex cores are hanging out of the body of the socket. The unit is sited below a pump inlet/outlet arrangement for the stall and water is dripping on the socket.

Fairground ride probably would be grounded too! Could work off 110v DC, have seen a few like that.

Sponsored Links
There was a mixture of yellow & blue arctic hanging around, sometimes connected to each other...

From my limited snooping, I gathered most stuff was running 110 AC.

Still a pretty poor do, mind!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back