Pictures in Emails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been sent an email containing pics which I would like to save to desktop or in my albums.

How do I save the pics as I cannot seem to save them from emails?

Thanks Dave :D

Sponsored Links
Depending upon which email client you use, is it an attachment or included in the body of the email?

Usually you can right click teh picture and get several options rergarding saving it.

Answer my queries in the first part and we can go from there.

dave

Sponsored Links
Right click the picture and see what offers you get in the context menu.

Should get an option to Save Image As (or similar), click it and you then get a Save window where you can select where to save it and name it and in what format.

Suggest that you save it in a folder in My Pictures, or just in My Pictures.

If you are expecting a few pictures then open My Pictures before you start, and right click an empty space and click New, then click Folder and name it 'Email Pics'. Then you can save all your email pictures to it and drag them to another folder later if you want to.

Also best to save it as .jpg or .jpeg file type as it will take up much less room that a .bmp file.

dave

Hi dave

The only option I get when I right click on the pic is " copy" but when I try and paste there is no option to do this. :(

Where are you trying to paste?

If you click copy and then open Paint from the Accessories section, you should be able to paste in there then 'save as' and save it to My Pictures.

These instructions seem to give the impression that you should have the option to 'Save Picture/Image As'

http://www.ehow.com/how_2251249_outlook-emails-not-as-attachments.html

Reading down that link I found the instructions d not work but someone had come up with this work around:

Click on save as in the outlook icon top most left symbol, and save document as htm file. Open htm file in browser window and right click and save as jpg etc.. in afolder of your choice or desktop.

I use Thunderbird and just checked that if the picture is embedded in the body of the email, I also get the option to 'Save image As.

Another one ticked off! ;)

96 weeks without smoking!

Another 8 weeks and it will be TWO years.

Well done.

I stopped suddenly in Dec 2004 and never fancied one since. But having had lung cancer it does tend to help you stay off them. ;)

dave

I was lucky that it was discovered early, by accident, it showed up on a chest x-ray that had been taken to sort out my breathing problems that were not related to lung cancer.
A quick four months of Chemo and then a month of radiotherapy got it zapped.
Thanks for asking.

dave

Sponsored Links
Back