Piecemeal dry-lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering. If I was to dry-line each room of my house as it's re-decorated over a period of about 5-8 years, would I have to pay any cash to BC?

I notice that in the list of charges for BC the following:

Renovation of a thermal
element to a single
dwelling
£662.40

But I seem to remember reading that it only applied if replacing 25% or more of a thermal element. If I was only doing one room at a time, that would be less than 25% per room. So would I still have to pay it? If BC was required, could I get a building notice now, then get it signed off in 8 years time when the last room has been done?

Sponsored Links
I thought it only applied to the internal walls to external walls!
So it would depend on what percentage of the work was to the external walls!

By its nature, any drylining would be piecemeal unless you have 10 blokes starting and finishing every room at the same time

The concept is if 25% of the wall area is replaced, and it would not matter when it is started or finished, if the intent and/or the result is a replacement of 25% of the plaster

Two things come to mind

1. Who is going to know?

2. Upgrading insulation is only required if practical, beneficial, and financially viable with good pay-back times. If not, then it will not be required

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back