B Regs for dry lining single skin brick extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be doing work on a Victorian terrace with a single skin , single storey, rear extension which was probably added in 60s or 70s, part of which was probably original outside toilet.

Currently the extension houses the kitchen, combi boiler in cupboard, and only bathroom. There isn't a huge damp problem but place does feel cold and unloved.

I intend to put a bathroom upstairs, move the kitchen to the second reception room, and use the extension as utility room, second bathroom, and leve the boiler exactly where it is.

I will be getting BC to sign off new kitchen and bathroom.

I did think about building an inner skin with blockwork , but see 2 problems

- an preliminary telephone chat with BC officer indicated that I would probably need foundations checked

- might need to remove boiler and pipework then refit.

So, I was thinking of a timber / insulation / dry line inner skin. I was hoping to leave boiler ad pipework in-situ and work around them.

Clearly, this would be an improvement on current set up, but would such work be notifiable and within regs ?

Any thoughts ?

Sponsored Links
Clearly, this would be an improvement on current set up, but would such work be notifiable and within regs ?
Yes.

Also, what you propose doing with the boiler sounds like a condensation trap - possibly. By not continuing the insualtion 'cell' behind the boiler means that you will have a vulnerable spot, which may be a problem when the weather turns cold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back