Single Skin Extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi to all members

I would greatly appreciate any advise regarding the above, house purchased around 2006 i believe.
It has a single skin extension on ground floor which is current our kitchen area, prior to the person i purchased it from and modified the house etc, the area was used previously used as kitchen & Bathroom combined.

He cut off access to the bathroom area which we were aware of and young and naive to say the least price was good easily sorted later we thought yeah right 2 kids later a lot can change.

The area is totally freezing no heating apart from using our cooker, tumbler drier lol, he also moved the central heating system into one of the bedrooms.

As you can tell i have not got a clue where to go so from here so any help is seriously great appreciated

so been thinking ?

1- Has he broken any regulations etc regarding the conversation to house, i don't recall being informed on reports about the single skin. stupid as it sounds 1st house and that feeling of being independent.

3- Any other sources or pointers where to go from here i.e any reports undertaken prior to purchasing etc.

2- Any advice/tips where to go from here apart from taken the obvious placing the whole apart which to say the least its not something i am looking forward to lol.

Many thanks in advanced for taking the time to read this post.

Thanks G&N

Sponsored Links
I don't really understand what it is you want.

I'm struggling too.

Are you saying that you are about to buy a house with a single skin extension added to it or that you have already bought one.

These are the bits i'm struggling with:

house purchased around 2006 i believe. It has a single skin extension on ground floor which is current our kitchen area, prior to the person i purchased it from and modified the house etc, the area was used previously used as kitchen & Bathroom combined.
3- Any other sources or pointers where to go from here i.e any reports undertaken prior to purchasing etc.

Sorry for any confusion i bought the house in 2006.
Check any reports undertaken when bought house.

Sponsored Links
Sorry for any confusion i bought the house in 2006.
Check any reports undertaken when bought house.
If you bought a house with a sub-standard extension then you are likely to need to upgrade said structure in order to make it habitable.

If you are looking for someone to blame, i.e. the prior homeowner, the vendor, or indeed the surveyor, then Woody will be along shortly to answer you questions, though i don't fancy your chances.

Yea I kinda thought he was playing the blame game, was giving him the benefit of doubt first though. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back