Pilot light goes out when in use - Baxi solo 2 RS

Can also be caused by a restriction in the gas supply.

But it is a simple basic fault that any one with experience of that vintage of boilers should find in minutes.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Burner pressure alone does not show up restriction in gas supply.

Needs inlet pressure checking at gas valve as boiler fires.

Tony

Sponsored Links
None of us have been there and so any statements made are pure guesses!

You might be guessing but most others are educated suggestions

Burner pressure alone does not show up restriction in gas supply.

Needs inlet pressure checking at gas valve as boiler fires.

Tony

Does say Gas and burner pressure, unless you mean something else:p

Thanks for all your helpful comments everyone. You have put mine and, more importantly, my wife's mind at ease!

Finding a decent plumber is proving difficult. As a slight update, and in part due to useless plumbers not turning up/getting back to me I have more of an idea abut what is wrong. It would appear that the boiler kills itself depending on the external temperature. If ran early morning or at night then it would work. In the day it would cut out. Now the temperature has cooled slightly it is working like normal again.

The quest to get someone to look at it continues though! The reason we can't get the plumber who serviced it is because he has had a knee op and is unable to work for some time.

Wher are you based? Some one here would come and take some money off you for a repair I'm sure.
Decent bunch of blokes these!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back