Pilot Light Keeps Going Out- HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a gas boiler flue (I think its a Behlman make). Recently we have had alot of trouble with the pilot light.

The pilot light will light initially, the boiler with burn up and then once the first burn up is completed the pilot light goes out.

We have had it checked many times by our plumber but now hes a little stuck too, we have:
-Changed the thermocouple
-Checked the pilot orafice (the small hole is clean)
-Checked the Gas is working.

Can anyone recommend another course of action? OR another reason why the pilot keeps dying??

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
A plumber is no good - you need a gas safe registered engineer to deal with that problem as it would have been sorted if he was. Replacing the thermocouple when not registered is very wrong.

We have a gas boiler flue (I think its a Behlman make). Recently we have had alot of trouble with the pilot light.

The pilot light will light initially, the boiler with burn up and then once the first burn up is completed the pilot light goes out.

We have had it checked many times by our plumber but now hes a little stuck too, we have:
-Changed the thermocouple
-Checked the pilot orafice (the small hole is clean)
-Checked the Gas is working.

Can anyone recommend another course of action? OR another reason why the pilot keeps dying??

Thanks!

Jesus. Keep getting some plumber in to change parts that are more expensive than a new boiler with warranty. It's the gas valve, for what it's it's worth.

Sponsored Links
Sadly you won't be getting any gas advice on here.

"show your work"?

---
I wanted him to tell me how he could be so sure? Process of elimination?? Because he hasn't seen it- obviously

The plumber is coming round in about an hour.

He looked at the pilot orafice and he replaced the thermocouple last time. Our heating lasted a week then died for no reason.

But somehow he got it working. At least for a bit...

Well know one on here has seen it so using that logic what is the point of asking ???

Anyone can say its the Gas Valve but unless your going to share why you think that, whats the point in saying anything.

If the plumber is not Gas Safe Registered, he shouldn't be working on your boiler!

If he is Gas Safe Registered, then he is not worth much cop as it's easy to fault find and remedy.

Obviously, I won't be giving any sort of pointers to repairing a gas appliance, particularly where gas carrying parts etc. are involved. I like to sleep easy on a night.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back