Pinkgrip Dryfix rather than Dot'n'Dab?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have never used dot'n' dab and saw a recommendation for Dryfix. It sounds great especially for a DIY-er without the experience of D&D, would others recommend it from personal use?
I've seen cost mentioned as a con but even at £12 a can, that looks to be ~£3 per full board and as I am looking at using it for insulated plasterboard this is relatively minor compared to the cost of the boards... I assume it can be used with that material? I'm affixing to bare brick.

Sponsored Links
The hard part is cutting the board to size and getting it level on the wall. Getting the dab right is the same challenge with traditional dryfix or foam.

Blup

The hard part is cutting the board to size and getting it level on the wall. Getting the dab right is the same challenge with traditional dryfix or foam.

Blup
yeah I can imagine this is harder than it looks to get all the boards flush (I only have a 800mm high dwarf wall so hoping not quite so bad.)

Sponsored Links
I've used it and, touch wood, no problems. I did put some mechanical fixings in on some boards, but not many really.
I can stick really well. I did the first room in 2018, and it is still holding after almost 5 years, so I am hoping it will outlast me.
But I do sometimes start to worry about it even now, wondering, will one day it all fall down?
But then, everything is just stuck together really. The paper on plasterboard is just stuck onto the wet gypsum, the plaster is effectively "stuck" to that. We're just sticking our houses together really!

For a low wall it should be even safer to do, as less weight on it than a full wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back