Pipe clamps and swa cable

Sponsored Links
you're not generally going to come across them in the domestic field.. but when you're installing things like the mains for a market hall and multi storey car park then you'll end up pulling a few in..

Am I the only person who has never come across single core swa?
wave.gif

Sponsored Links
yes..
shall is another word for must..
and the "normally be" bit refers to the exception for cables over 50mm which is listed below..

they are both modal verbs that indicate a lack of choice..

"must be" and "shall be" mean the same thing..

the "normally" bit is defining that there is a specific exception for it..

"must normally be" and "shall normally be" are the same thing..

I have heard single core SWA being used for DC applications, however for AC surely you'd end up with eddy currents flowing around any sort of magnetic armour, made worse if there is a closed loop.

you're not generally going to come across them in the domestic field.. but when you're installing things like the mains for a market hall and multi storey car park then you'll end up pulling a few in..

I don't do domestics :p
Heavy insustrial and commercial mainly :D

I would have thought so, but then why 523.10?

it does say "metallic sheath and / or non-magnetic armour.. " though.. so does it even apply to SWA?

( ok so i missed that first part when reading it.. :oops: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back