Pipe Puzzle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Whilst recently in the crawl space. I've figured out why the hot water takes so long to reach the bathroom upstairs (directly above the combi). The pipes go under the utility room, across the floor (blue) and up the wall in the corner (water stop valve marked with red), around the kitchen ceiling, boxed up (green) and finally up to the bathroom (yellow circle).
Would it be easy enough to redirect, so it can come straight up from the crawl space (blue) up through the cupboard (yellow)? I've attached an image that hopefully helps.
Thanks

Attachments

• Picsart_22-11-22_21-17-17-148.jpg
    Picsart_22-11-22_21-17-17-148.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
AS long as you have the access then no reason not to, though I would suggest there may be a reason why it's run the way it is but of course that could always be legacy from an old system.

I have a similar issue.

I had an old Ideal Mexico in the under stairs cupboard. It was replaced with a WB combi at the back of the garage.

It has suddenly struck me why it takes yonks to get hot water.

The boiler is tapped into the HW pipe nearest to the boiler. It then has to run back to the cupboard under the stairs then up to the first floor, picks up the bathroom, then all the way over to the garage, down the wall and under the kitchen floor to the sink.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back