Soil Stack Vent Pipe

Its not possible in this case either, but thanks for the suggestion.

I think I shall safely apply the "if it ain't broke.." principle here. It stays as is and gets boxed in with the new wall hung cistern frame.

Just gotta level the floor first!

For info: the soil stack AAV was present before I got to work stripping out the bathroom. Its in one of ten flats in an Edwardian building converted around 1988. I can only assume there are multiple vents. I've been here for two years and never had any drainage problems as yet so I believe everything is as it should be (I hope!)

Sponsored Links
The fact that his system already has a durgo would suggest that it`s probably improbable to vent to outside. He can reduce the height by simply making sure that the Durgo is slightly higher than his highest trap outlet.
Its not possible in this case either, but thanks for the suggestion.

For info: the soil stack AAV was present before I got to work stripping out the bathroom. Its in one of ten flats in an Edwardian building converted around 1988. I can only assume there are multiple vents. I've been here for two years and never had any drainage problems as yet so I believe everything is as it should be (I hope!)

Ho hum :rolleyes: Another wasted trip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back