Soil Stack Vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am currently planning my new bathroom and needs some advice regarding the soil stack vent. Please see image

104000_103518_8834_85924102_thumb.jpg

The current soil stack is in black. i want to use a concealed cistern when replacing the toilet which will be sited exactly where the current toilet is. as you can see the soil stack will be in the way therefore i am thinking of re-routing it - green line.

My question is, when re-routing the vent pipe, do i need to stick with 4'' pipe or can i use a smaller one. Im also thinking of putting an aav in the loft rather than an open vent - any thoughts?

thanks[/img]

Sponsored Links
...ok, after reading a few posts on here, the AAV is not an option as there is not other open vent.

As the pipe is running internally hence hoarfrost is not really an issue, is it ok to use a smaller diameter pipe for the vent?

If you can find it then you can use 3" pipe but beware, it's often more expensive than 4" as it's quite rare that it's used

If your not the last house in your road a AAV should not be any trouble, you don't need to take it to high either just high enough that you don't get "back wash :LOL: "

Sponsored Links
That too, you *theoretically* only need a vent on every fifth house, certainly if it's a terrace

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back