pipe seals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a shower which the mixer was surface moutable for using with external pipework
it came with some rubber rings that fit around the 15mm pipework and seals it so water doesnt get through where the holes are drilled for the pipework

iv misplaced them and dont know what they are called so i can get some replacements

they were just like grommits and the rubber just seals around the pipe to water cant seep through

because of the awkward positioning of the pipes silicone isnt really an option because there is not enout room behing to get the silicone in and fsmooth properly and it just ends up lettein water through

any help would be much appriciated

Sponsored Links
i wish i knew who the manufacturer was the shower seems to be an unbranded model ih had it for a couple of years and was just doing some re sealing and general tidying in the bathroom and have lost the damn things

they were great worked a treat

they were like a washer but had an outer plastic rim and flexible rubber inside which moulded iteslf around the pipe and gave a water tight seal around the pipe

Sponsored Links
ok well assuming nobody know what these things are

are there any other tricks of the trade for seeling around a chrome pipe?
bearing in mind there isnt enough room to get a good bead of silicone round the back?

As dan said.

But useally done with silicone then fit the shrouds and nut/olive.

I will get some pics up in the morning so you gus can have a look

Hopefully you will have some better ideas than i have

Haha when i rise in the morning that is the job i have to tackle got to clean up all the old silicone and grime thats built up behind where the water has seeped through so i can get a clear picture

Ok you have fun in the morning i'll be up about midday.
asleep-045.gif

Kills me these early mornings people phone up at silly O clock wanting you to clamber around in their lofts.

surprised-004.gif

That is what underlings and answer machines are for.

But I have to be 35 miles away from home by 8:30 so beddy byes for me too now.

oyasumi nasai

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back