Pipe stat fitted...but

I keep the heating set at 15C at night because I was told that it was cheaper than having it timed to come on and off. If that's not correct, I will set it to come on and off. I'm just watching my pennies.
That's a topic for discussion ;) Just wait for the "experts" to come out of the woodwork. :LOL:

Why don't you carry out an experiment? Run it for a week with the heating on at 15C overnight and then for a week with heating off overnight. Take meter readings at start and end of each week and compare the gas usage?

If your place does get very cold overnight, cavity insulation would be worth fitting - if possible. There are several free or low-cost schemes available.

Energy Savings Trust Grant Search

Sponsored Links
Gave my bloke your diagram and he's changed the wires accordingly. Fingers crossed!

My house don't get that cold at night (no colder than anyone else, I guess), but I will do the metre readings as you suggested.

Thanks for your help D_Hailsham and everyone else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back