Piping advice, please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just modded my CH by adding upstairs rads to the existing circuit.

Now I've had a couple of 'leakers' on 22mm Yorkshire fittings.
Obviously I've not heated them enough on the bottom of the fittings. I repaired these by replacing with end-feed fittings.

It's a different story practising on a work-bench as opposed to in between joists next to electrical cables.

Now... I have a 22mm tee which was dripping (5 drips every minute with pump running) on the branch. I've checked on it since and it has stopped. I've checked on it when it's cool and when hot/pump running.

If I was to leave it as "sealed" would it be likely to come back and haunt me once I've got my wooden floor down?

Do these remain "sealed" until sediment dislodges?

What should I do?

Sponsored Links
In all honesty I know I need to redo the tee... but when I repair one a different one springs a teardrop.

I have an end-feed tee to replace it.

I'm fed up with draining down... redo... refill... bleed air... check when filled... check when hot... check when running... check when thermally cycled... blah...........

This is what happens when novices try a pro's game. At least I know where I was going wrong! But what about the integrity of the other 22mm joints that don't appear to be tearful yet?

OK... thanks for clearing that up.

Start with chucking the yorkies and use endfeeds all the time, more professional and saves you money as well.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back