Piping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, got some work done on the outside of the house, the following pipe got replaced, they forgot to connect the bottom pipe. Where should the bottom be connected to?

Attachments

• IMG_4665.jpeg
    IMG_4665.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 57
Sponsored Links
I don't think they have forgotten to connect it, I think that they have intentionally installed it to discharge onto the lower roof. The water will then run down that roof and be collected by its guttering.

Love the outside loo. Should it have a building over it? :cool:

Hi, got some work done on the outside of the house, the following pipe got replaced, they forgot to connect the bottom pipe. Where should the bottom be connected to?
There may have been a short piece to direct it into the gutter lower down maybe????

The water will end up there in any case.

There may have been a short piece to direct it into the gutter lower down maybe????

The water will end up there in any case.
You might be right. Look what has happened to my inside plasterboards. Walls get wet when its raining

Attachments

• IMG_4667.jpeg
    IMG_4667.jpeg
    249.5 KB · Views: 21
Sponsored Links
Walls get wet when its raining
That is a bigger problem than where the downpipe discharges too. That has been getting wet over a period of time it needs a proper investigation and fix. Do you have access to a loft above that area?

That is a bigger problem than where the downpipe discharges too. That has been getting wet over a period of time it needs a proper investigation and fix. Do you have access to a loft above that area?
Nope, no access. Ever since we got the external wall insulation work done it has gone extremely bad and mouldy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back