PIR ceiling light for bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all - the ceiling light in my girlfriend's flat is one of those that switches on and off as you move around - it doesn't have a manual switch.

It's started flickering on and off, and is very annoying. I opened it and tried adjusting the on/off time with the little pot inside, but it didn't make a lot of difference - it's obviously faulty, so I just want to replace it.

Could anybody recommend one from Screwfix? I prefer using them as I can just pop in locally, but I can't seem to find one using their search facility :rolleyes:

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Screwfix do not have many, and might not be bright enough for a bathroom:

and

(which some compain doe snot come on in the day if it is bright.

and not screwfix, but properly bright, and adjsustable.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
but may be easier to use a shorter name.
'Ouch' (as I trip up)

Had PIRs in work bathroom.
The bathroom PIR had a very short on durtaion and was located near door.
If in bathrrom a bit too long, used to have to open cubical door in pitch darkness and wave arm out of door (with trousers around ankles) to get lights back on.
Or look a bit weird by waiting in cubical for next person to come into the pritch dark bathroom and activate PIR.

You could use a separate sensor which would allow a greater choice of light fitting.
Actually... it's a while since I was in her flat, and I've now remembered that it actually IS a separate sensor anyway :notworthy:

Here's a pic - easy to replace just the sensor do you think? I wouldn't know how to choose one...

*Actually... do you think this one would be suitable?

20220720_155856.jpg

Yes likely perfect.
But mark and then photo the wires in the old unit before you pull out the wires.
Sfk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back