PIR light not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

My Father-in-Law - a qualified Electrician - has just installed a PIR light on my outbuilding. However, the light is not working and we can't figure out why.

When you switch on or off the unit from the wall switch, you can hear something click from inside the unit, so clearly power is reaching the unit correctly.

We can only think the bulb was faulty when the unit was bought from the shop. BTW it is not a halogen one, my F-i-L chose a version that has a more normal looking bulb.

Or could it be that the unit won't work - even in test mode - during the day? Bright sunny day at the moment. We have removed the black sticker over the light sensor and that made no difference.

Sponsored Links
What sort of electrican can't fault a PIR lamp :eek:

1- check voltage present at terminals
2- check bulb /lamp
3- Cover light sensor
4- Try on / off/on inside 3 secs at switch (if it's the type that has a perm on by doing on / off / on).

If all else fails DOA, get another.

My F-i-L is here on holiday and lives 250 miles away. He left a voltage meter here months ago but when he came to use it the terminals have corroded so was duff!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back