PIR result

If the unit you have looks the same as in the previous post then doing an ebay search for GE RCD should reveal quite a few matches. Anything with the light blue writing or the half-moon test button should be OK.

All these unit will be either old or second hand, so please ensure it's been time tested by the seller, and that you have the means and capability to test it when installed.

Also note there are a few with a left-hand neutral terminal or flying lead, so make sure you buy one which is correctly handed for your board.

The half-moon ones look like this, and should not be confused for the newer equipment GE are flogging now which appears to be very different.
View media item 20831

Sponsored Links
Gordon,

I don't have the tool station part number but hopefully this may be of help.

The make was GE

Ref No 604278, this number is on the front of the RCD

80A, 30mA

I'm pretty sure one of the regulars will put you on the right track in your search.

Gordon,

I don't have the tool station part number but hopefully this may be of help.

The make was GE

Ref No 604278, this number is on the front of the RCD

80A, 30mA

I'm pretty sure one of the regulars will put you on the right track in your search.

Thanks for the info.

I took a couple of pics:

//media.diynot.com/208000_207774_65868_97986748_thumb.jpg

//media.diynot.com/208000_207774_65867_86540344_thumb.jpg

I note you originally had a 63A version and changed it to a 80A, is it safe enough to do that? - Forgive me I'm no expert :(

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back