PIR result

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a PIR done on my house today and electrician reports that the RCD is not working. CU is approximately !8 years old. He phoned a few wholesalers who advised it would be difficult to find a replacement RCD.

CU - GE CM 16 Group 3

RCD - Vynckier 63A 30mA

Any help locating one or suggesting a suitable alternative would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Looking at that I would say TTC is right.

IIRC you may need to trim the prongs slightly, but I forget which way round the swap was now.

Yes, you need the GE one per my link above.
It was GE then they badged it as Vyknier then it went back to GE, I think...

Anyways, its the same kit so you should be fine.
Make sure the power is completely off. Use the safe isolation procedure if you are doing it yourself. And test the RCD per my post above.

TTC, thank you for your help identifying the part needed. I will now try and source it locally. The electrician who carried out the PIR will return to install and test.

TTC, thank you for your help identifying the part needed. I will now try and source it locally. The electrician who carried out the PIR will return to install and test.

You'll need an electrical distributor but not many keep in stock GE. You'll be better off with Toolstation. Next day delivery...

Rexel Senate used to sell GE stuff badged as Sector, they should be able to get hold of one for you. (Mention "Sector GE" - I think the Sector stuff now is Volex)

Part bought from Toolstation, now fitted and tested.

TTC - You're a star :D

I have a similar problem with my RCD. My consumer unit & RCD looks exactly like your pic - I'm in Cumbernauld and house is approx 19 years old.

I'd be grateful if you can you give me the part number from Toolstation that fitted as a direct replacement

Gordon

The previous post is over 2 years old and it seems that Toolstation no longer have them - which you must have discovered when you looked on their website???

The previous post is over 2 years old and it seems that Toolstation no longer have them - which you must have discovered when you looked on their website???

Dave,

Your quite correct. I thought perhaps I was missing something or could maybe attempt to source the one Robger used elsewhere..........

I have a similar problem with my RCD. My consumer unit & RCD looks exactly like your pic - I'm in Cumbernauld and house is approx 19 years old.

I'd be grateful if you can you give me the part number from Toolstation that fitted as a direct replacement
Looks similar but may not be same!
Post some details of the unit required and some nice pictures and I am sure help will be on hand!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back