PIR Upstand and Expansion Strip for Screed Floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was planning on running a 25mm PIR upstand first around the room and then my 150mm insulation to effectivley hold it in place. I'm then planning on running over some spare 1200g DPM to act as a vapour barrier and then will use Omnie screed plate to hold piping in place. What I'm confused about is if an expansion strip is still needed at all? I'm assuming the upstand would go around the whole room (interior and exterior walls) just not at the doorways (internal). Does the use of an upstand remove the need for an expansion strip, or do I need to cater for both somehow? Thanks

Also lastly just tagging on, should the vapour barrier go behind or over the upstand? I.e just seen this pic
1676205705218.png

That looks like the upstand should be on top of my 150mm insulation and the VC layer going underneath, my question with that is what on earth will keep the upstand in place?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back