PIR wiring method for elite 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I just wanted clarity on something please. The PIR wiring method I used following the manual is:

PIR wiring.PNG

I connected a wire from zone 2 (on control panel) to terminal 1 (tamper on the PIR) and the other zone 2 wire from control panel to terminal 4 (which is alarm on the PIR). Is that correct? Should the zone be configured with wiring method DEOL. Am I right?

Thanks,
Abu

Sponsored Links
first tamper last alarm, the elite 24 only has two terminals for a zone.

the zone wiring type depends on the resistors used, so double pole/ eol is 4k7 alarm and 2k2 eol, if your using different resistor values then you need to select the appropriate wiring type.

That's fine then. My understanding is correct. I am using the built in resistors. Tamper 2k2 and alarm 4k7. Cheers.
Just re-read your reply, is EOL another name for tamper then?

Sponsored Links
no end of line is the resistor at the end of the line, it would only make it confusing to go through the different types of eol available but your straight with what your using now so lets leave it that way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back