PIR Wiring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes - looks like another one....i have looked through the other threads and cant see mine....this was left behind by the installer...im presuming the usual + - and the two tamper wires...but this pir isnt marked out with the latter wires labelled??

Sponsored Links
Pics from my phone...

Attachments

• 20240204_122747.jpg
    20240204_122747.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20240204_122754.jpg
    20240204_122754.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 43
It’s a grade 3 pir and would normally come with various plug in resistors ( see bottom left ) blue module with values on it , wired via the triple EOL terminals

Lol - i have no idea what any of that means!!

Sponsored Links
Wire the blue and yellow to the outer terminals on your texecom premier eg ….zone 1 first terminal …miss one , miss one , last terminal …

Attachments

• IMG_5893.jpeg
    IMG_5893.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 26
Righty....i understand that....i think the main panel is full (ill have to double check) but theres loads of zones on the expander next to it...so i find a zone on the expander and then wire those 4 into a "zone" - where do theresistors come into it?

Oh little bit of a side-question....so i can trace what wires are what if i connect the red and black wires to a zone...do they always put out voltage (so i can put a meter on the other end and find it)- ive got a few cables coming out in the garage so i have to find which one is which...otherwise i would just twist them together and then do a continuity test...

I will add that my slack mate did leave a bunch of resistors in the original alarm box... (always wondered what they were for!) ive not looked close at them though so no idea of the values!

Last edited:
Been tracing the wiring in the garage tonight ive done the above and wired the pir end as the above pic....so im planning on wiring this into the expander - im just looking at what i think are the PIR's that are alread attached to the main premiere....so the zone (for example for the kitchen) has the wiring yellow, blue, white, green (in the zone wiring area) and im guessing the red and black go off to the other end for power....the above pic shows only 4 wires....is this because its a different type of PIR?

The dualtech you have can only be wired as EOL(2wire) and has built in resistors. Most pirs will have 2 alarm terminals and 2 tamper terminals. These can be wired EOL using resistors or double pole (4 wire) with 2 unsupervised loops, 1 for alarm contact and 1 for tamper. Aswell as your + and - obviously

Thanks for the reply, ok - i dont understand all of that, so, i take red and black wires to the "output" on the expander [ thats the power out, i think ] take the tamper wires to the zone, and am i right in thinking that i put a loop in there as well? [ in two outputs in the zone ]?

Ive mains wired my whole house up and installed a 48port Lan switch....more than capable.

Red and black to + and -, blue and yellow to the 2x TEOL terminals

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240209_185149_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240209_185149_Drive.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 23
Brilliant - thanks very much. I think one of my pir's is going....this one above - is this the best type to get [easiest to wire in] or is there another one you would recommend?

Thanks for the continued advice and help!

Edit - thats now wired in on the extender on Zone5 - ive been into the garage and its lighting up [left one first then the right] so the next step is (what id like to now do) is make my garage its own separate entity as it were....ive got a keypad out there the newly installed pir and a buzzer but no idea how to set up these 3 devices so they operate on their own.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back