PIR's for wall lanterns

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen some very reasonably priced 6 sided lanterns with PIRs for £10 at a builders merchants. However Ive also seen some leaded items which are not sold on the high street so not the sme as many in my road and neighbours, about £40 though! These do not have PIR's. Is it possible to hook them up to a PIR located somewhere in the door frame area or drive?
I know it sounds like its alot more exspense but just thought itd be nice to have something a bit unique. The PIR's would be an advantage I think also.

Sponsored Links
Yes you can but work outside is controlled by building regulations for example Part P and Part L and you need to be careful not to fall foul of these especially when in full view. It may be cheaper not to DIY mainly because of inflated council charges do read the Wiki: and Sticky: first.

Thanks for that, should the front lanterns match the rear?

Sponsored Links
Cheers, do you think the lamps that you see at the front of houses would suit the rear also?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back