PIRs with built-in CCTV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen that DSC offer a PIR which has a built-in camera - seemed like a good idea!
http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=12305

Could the audio+video be wired via the alarm cabling then broken out near the panel? Or could this cause issues with interference?

Are there any other manufacturers that do this? I've seen some wireless systems but keen to stay wired.

Sponsored Links
I guess good enough to see what's going on though? Suspect my existing PIRs are 4-wire :(

Same as the Honeywell active 8 pir camera picture quality ok ish BUT they suffer with the pin hole for the camera lens going brown due to the heat ...

Sponsored Links
£85 for the Honeywell or £25 for a very similar looking eBay clone...

e: The Honeywell, DCS and ebay items all look identical. I suspect they're all made by the same supplier?

Last edited:
The Honeywell, DCS and ebay items all look identical. I suspect they're all made by the same supplier?

Even if they were made by the same supplier the quality of items may be very different.

a very similar looking eBay clone...

Many counterfeit items being sold via dubious websites have cases that are in appearance extremely good copies and can even fool the manufacturer. It is the quality and safety of the iworking parts inside the case that are in question.

I've seen that DSC offer a PIR which has a built-in camera - seemed like a good idea!
http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=12305

Could the audio+video be wired via the alarm cabling then broken out near the panel? Or could this cause issues with interference?

Are there any other manufacturers that do this? I've seen some wireless systems but keen to stay wired.

What's the night vision like?

Due to low light levels in dark rooms poor quality as no IR in this type if camera.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back