Texecom Panel wiring PIR/Shocks Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm connecting up a texecom system tomorrow for a friend. The system was installed circa 2007 but nothing has been terminated. I had a quick look at it the other day and had a go at wiring a shock (front door) and PIR in the hallway, I want these both on the same zone 1. The panel has 2 alarm and 2 tamper inputs, basically how would I wire them?

I tried in parallel the other day and did a walk test, the shock triggers on the LCD display as Z1, but the PIR, which I'd expect to trigger first, doesnt.

I've had a look at EOL and purchased some 2.2k and 4.7k resistors so going to attempt this method, I'm just concerned this might not be right.

I've attached the wiring how I thought it should work, PIR also. To be clear I want 2 sensors (PIR and shock) per zone. What's the best/correct way wire this system as I'm more CCTV, AV as opposed to this

Attachments

• 20230321_112125.jpg
    20230321_112125.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 74
  • 20230321_152505.jpg
    20230321_152505.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 52
Sponsored Links
You can’t wire it in parallel as both both zones would have to be open ! Not good practice to put both items on one zone ….are there any spare zones ?

If your struggling with the basics on simple wiring then I think you are going to struggle programming that panel, and that battery is old and undersized ….

Ah right so how would I wire all the PIRs and shocks? There's around 7 PIRs and 7 shocks in total but 8 zones on the panel? My thinking of zones is that similar to audio zones, so lounge (2 sensors), kitchen (2 sensors), bathroom (2 sensors), etc.

I've gotta learn somewhere, might aswel do it on a friends. I don't think I'll struggle programming I'm pretty decent with software

Sponsored Links
You have 10 zones , 8 on board 2 on keypad , if I had to wire this I would wire 7 pirs on the panel and split the shocks onto the 3 zones , 1 on panel , 2 on keypad wiring them via detector reset ….but then again I would probably use an 8 zone expander , pick one up off eBay for around £25 and save a lot of hassle

Thanks very much! I was looking at expanders and thought surely not for a domestic property. I don't know why but assumed they'd be addressable somehow IDK.

Would you wire EOL using resistors or use 4 cores for 2alarm, 2tamper? I'm probably going to just leave the shocks unconnected and just wire the PIRs in all honesty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back