Pitch Fibre Sewer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently in dispute with the local Sewerage Undertaker regarding building over a 100mm pitch fibre sewer pipe. The SU insists that I should pay for replacing the pipe with malleable iron. Amonst other things I am arguing that the pitch fibre is nearly 40 yrs old (I have drawings showing the sewer in 1972) and CCTV has proved it to be in poor condition, they should pay for replacement. They are now trying to say that the sewer was laid in 1980 so is not beyond its reasonable life. My experience, and internet searches, show that Pitch Fibre was discontinued in the early 70's. In fact in the midlands we had discontinued PF in the late 60's. The question is: If they stick with their claim that the sewer was laid with PF pipes in 1980, Can I claim that they were not acting with due diligence,as they used a material which has been proven unsuitable?

Sponsored Links
the sewer was laid with PF pipes in 1980, Can I claim that they were not acting with due diligence,as they used a material which has been proven unsuitable?

I doubt it, but using that rubbish (pitch fibre) at any time, was a complete waste of time.

Absolute tat!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back