Pitched Roof Loft Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and thank you for reading my post. I purchased this house, please see image below.

//www.diynot.com/network/gmanomagh/albums/17242/64789

I have being some improvements but I am concerned about its energy efficient. The two dormers at the front serve a double height hall and the spare bedroom. My question is, would it be worthwhile to remove the roof and install kingspan between the joists? The hall is extremely cold in winter. The house was built in 1997 and given the poor quality of the existing installation in the loft I am guessing there is very little or none in the roof area around the dormers. Thank you for any advice.

Sponsored Links
I would leave the roof alone and instead make a hole through the plasterboard ceiling to see what is there first, You can always remove the plasterboard and insulate from the inside rather than opening up the roof

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back