Pitched roof on conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am thinking of converting my garage into a dining room. No quotes yet but reckon on £7-9K. It is 18ft x 9 ft. It is mostly integral to the house and has a flat roof covering approx 10 ft x 9 ft out to the front. I would ideally like to get a pitched roof done when I get the garage converted, instead of leaving it flat, as this would make the house look a lot more aesthetic.

Any thoughts/stabs in the dark as to how much having the pitched roof would add onto the cost of the main conversion would be appreciated?

One final question...

In order to park 2 cars in front of my house (off road) without the need to keep reversing one out to let the other in, would it be possible to have my already lowered kerb stones (x 4) extended by x 1, to ease the access?

Many Thanks for your time

Gazza

Sponsored Links
I done my pitched roof on my kitchen ext for £1800 just materials.
I had to purchase exe tiles as my pitch was v low and the cross vents alone cost £120 each add on the enormous amount of insulation the bc demands and it soon adds up.

Tiling the roof was pretty simple the grafting was in the rafters.
Pete
ps mine was 6m x 3.6m
pps
drop kerb extension is down to the local council decision

expect to pay upwards of £3500 for the roof.

drop kerbs can be fitted by regular builders but require highways permission complete with relevant insurance and may involve traffic control.
it is sometimes simpler to have the council do it for a fee.

Sponsored Links
my dad has his kerb dropped by the council, but they said you could get a builder to do it but you had to pay for a pre job inspection then post job inspection which wasn't much cheaper than just getting the council in to do it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back